Friday, July 30, 2010

Collection

I thought I would post a small collection of my poetry here. I haven't been on here in a long time--mostly because of school, stress and this summer a lack of an internet connection at camp. Anyways, enjoy.

Life's Melody

Winding lilting melody
Beautiful in it's own right
But, who hears? Nobody.
It's looking for the light

Smooth, river-like and true
It cuts to my inner being
Of its origin I have no clue
But, to its beauty I cling

Dread. I can feel it coming
Silence's power is strong
This melody is its plaything
Weeping, the music is gone

Never

I am a great mystery
Does that frustrate you?
Does it make you blistery?
Ha. You'll never have a clue

I have a driving force
You try to break it from me
You're brutal and show no remorse
I find my strength on bended knee

I will always be undefined
I cannot, will not be boxed
Maybe that's 'cause I have a mind
Ha. You try---I mock.

*laugh*

Searching

A black hole resides within my being
A place that destroys my want to sing
The world 'round me--bleak and stark
I'm searching for a candle to chase away the dark

I have a facade, it's nearly perfect
Straining--you can't and won't infect
A large net, so carefully knit
I'm searching for a person, see past it?

Faithless stabs at determination
Sometimes an overactive imagination
Thought chains always end, "You fool!"
I'm searching for love--it's too cruel

I pray and my heart is washed
The Devil comes. He says, "That's posh."
Perhaps I'll unearth a clue
I'm searching for God, where are you?

Finding it is my primal wish
Too afraid, I always miss

I'm Searching.

My Prayer

Father my strength is fading
My heart is in need of saving
My want to want is strong
And I long for my heart to long

With sin that eats me alive
Toward the fervor of my past I strive
Facing the hands of time
Blindly looking for a sign

Unconditional love--a hard concept
A gift I struggle to accept
Asking for faith to take the plunge
Yet content to live life in grunge

I want to live my life for You
Bring others to You by what I do
My prayer is to be a witness
To Your calling may I answer "Yes."

Untitled

As I drive from work I drift.
Feet and hands move without
     my direction.
Off to dream-land I go.
I met someone today who took
     the path I didn't want to follow.

While I move through intersections
     I determinedly make my wish--
A man to fold me in his arms.
A kiss hello and a lunch date to
     talk about nothing meaningful.

Tears sprang to my eyes as I realized--
No matter how hard I wished,
     he would never be.
I pulled myself away from that dream-land
     and the fuzzy road came into focus.

Sometimes you pursue the path you never
     intended to follow. 



No comments:

Post a Comment